Friday, November 13, 2009

When You Grow Up

I grow up when I need to
I grow up when I heed to
I don't understand when can I walk in my shoes
Because everyone older seem to have issues
I try to be responsible
But of course, I thought I was too grown
So I fell back as much as possible
But now I am too old, so responsibility I must own
I sit here wondering
And then I continue pondering....
When am I going to grow up???
I am to me...but when will I to you?
I'm trying to be my own person and not get stuck
But once again apparently to you I am being untrue
Because I want to be independent
I think thats jus a hard pill to swallow for you
Sometimes you gotta let go and let God
But you have yet to let go anyone...so I should not find this odd!
I am trying to be the woman you raised me to be...
But how can I when around my neck you keep a tight leash...?
Now that I have severed it and set up my own shop
You become childish and selfish and your support just stop!
I don't understand whose the kid and whose the adult here...
But I do understand it isn't you, cause you are not being fair.
But its all good....this ain't Pokemon...I can't catch em all
I will let you alone....but I hope our relationship to the fire it will not fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment